The concept of having a preacher for a planned short time after a long ministry is foreign to many people. To some members of the church, if we don’t have a full-time preacher with a long-term commitment, we are “spinning our wheels.”
1. The minister served seven or more years before leaving,
2. The minister resigned under pressure (a forced termination),
3. The The minister’s resignation was requested due to ethical or moral misconduct,
4. The minister departed in the midst of severe conflict within the church,
5. The church has not conducted a self-study of its structure, history, priorities, mission or vision in the last five years, or
6. The church has a pattern of the last two ministers leaving after having served the church for only 2-3 years (Ronald G. Brown, © Intentional Interim is copyrighted by Interim Ministry Network, Inc., Baltimore, MD).
BE WATCHING FOR A CHANGE IN MY BLOG IN THE NEAR FUTURE!